Location: Montreal, QuebecTop Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Top Aces' integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General AMO/AOC Responsibility
- Provide maintenance control for the aircraft on behalf of the company AOC as described in the MCPM / MPM
- Based on the current Aircraft Flight authority and MSA ensure the tracking and completion of all scheduled maintenance tasks
- Liaison with operations to determine aircraft usage rates and provide maintenance forecast for the aircraft.
- Liaison with Maintenance Leads within our AMO to schedule the completion of required Maintenance tasks
- Liaison with Logistics to ensure parts requirements are met for the forecasted maintenance
- Liaison with Engineering to ensure modifications and repairs meet acceptable regulations and are scheduled within the maintenance control process.
- Manage the implementation of Modifications and repairs on the aircraft ensuring positive configuration control
- Manage contracted maintenance agreements for any maintenance accomplished outside of the Top Aces AMO
- Manage Operational Cost of aircraft type
- First Signature PO for component cost control
- Identify the requirements for new capabilities ( contracted service suppliers) as required
- Responsible to maintain and review MSA
- Service Information Reviews, AD, SB, Acceptable Data, ICA,
- Monitor Recurring and Deferred defects. – Provide suitable maintenance solution
- Generate and Issue Special Inspections as required
- Actively Participate in company SMS
Fleet Management Duties
- Perform obsolescence management; maintain an ILS program to identify components and parts that will need to be substituted.
- Elaborate plan for all major maintenance activities;
- Ensure that the aircraft fleets have the required equipment and support to operate throughout their expected life;
- Elaborate and maintain an Aircraft Configuration (AMS Mod Manager / Doc Manager);
- Prepare plans for the implementations of modifications to the fleet;
- Determine and monitor the operating costs for each fleet;
- Prepare Aircraft Inspection packages (FM-QMS-C03);
- Develop and maintain ISO processes for the department;
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Applicable Canadian Air Regulations: 706.02, 706.05, 706.06, 706.14, 726.02, 726.04, 726.05, 726.06.
The fleet manager may be tasked by the AMO/AOC to perform other maintenance activities.
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of progressively increasing experience in the execution and management of aircraft maintenance;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Control of maintenance (adherence to schedules, direction of activities)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the entry, retrieval and management of aircraft maintenance records.
- Highly experienced in the use of automated data retrieval systems and spreadsheets for the management of maintenance activities.
- Experience in the preparation of Fleet Management Reports
- Excellent written and oral presentation of aircraft maintenance and configuration information
- Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including full proficiency in Excel
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Travel is occasionally required
- Occasional visits to aircraft maintenance facilities (company and vendor) is required.
- Urgent airworthiness issues and operational availability problems will require immediate addressing. This can result in the requirement to work outside normal office hours.
- Position requires Level 2 Clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.