Location: Mesa, AZ
Division/Department: Technical Services
Reports to: Director of Technical Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Staff Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Summary: Provides technical/engineering expertise on F-16 aircraft, including but not limited to, structures, avionics, flight controls, engine, air conditioning and pressurization, fire protection, fuel, hydraulics, landing gear, and related systems. Coordinates activities with the maintenance function to ensure that work plans are developed to enable successful maintenance operations. Interprets engineering requirements and engineering specifications in support of cost, quality, schedule and safety goals while ensuring that processes meet the design criteria. Translates engineering requirements into manufacturing plans and work instructions for the maintenance group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of multiple aviation engineering projects including project plans, technical drawings, specific project costing, resources and delivery of outcomes.
- Hold regular cross-functional project meetings to review and update project schedule and delivery, risks, issues, actions status, logistics, resources, and objectives. Makes presentations/briefings on project management and/or technical information.
- Assures early problem identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Defines project work scope, develops statements of work, task descriptions, product plans, cost estimates and manpower requirements.
- Provides the necessary technical and engineering guidance to meet schedules and fulfill requirements.
- Provides project management between engineering sections and all related functions.
- Anticipates/identifies problematic areas or issues in relation to assigned projects (technical, cost overruns, schedule) and recommends appropriate action to prevent their occurrence.
- Effectively reports to management on key project accomplishments, status, issues and budget.
- Approves project related engineering data to assure compliance with corporate policies and FAA/military requirements as required.
- As needed, recommends/evaluates current or potential new products for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications. Evaluates and recommends approval of design changes and drawing releases.
- Formulates conceptual design to meet requirements. Analyzes project proposal to determine feasibility, producibility, cost, and production time.
- Evaluates selected product design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications. Evaluates and recommends approval of design changes and drawing releases.
- Manages contractors performing engineering/technical functions.
- Familiar with FAA Supplemental Type Certificate Process for design data, prototype, installation and approval (CFR Part 21 Subpart E and AC 21-40A) Provides overall guidance to pilots and pilots-in-training concerning operational requirements, safety, policies and procedures.
Skills and/or Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program. As an employee, you are responsible for:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures including SMS and ISO 9001.Providing a safe and healthy workplace including the necessary equipment, systems, and tools which are properly maintained
Education and/or Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 5-7 years related aerospace engineering experience with demonstrated progressively increasing responsibilities. F-16 experience preferred.
- PMP Certification, Lean & Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and access aircraft via ladders and boarding air stairs
- Must be able to access confined aircraft spaces
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
Special Work Conditions
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to be cleared for and to gain access to applicable classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card)
Apply for the position
Interested applicants should forward their resume to the HR Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their employment interest in Top Aces Corp., only those who best match our requirements will be contacted.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees working in this position and within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Top Aces Corp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment and personnel related decisions are decided solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance and business need.