Aircraft Line Servicing Technician
Location: Cold Lake, Alberta
Job Type: 1 Year Temporary
Top Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Top Aces' integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
Servicing Technicians will work as part of a Maintenance crew performing duties as assigned by their Maintenance Lead. Primary responsibilities include:
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to company policies and procedures;
- Ensure that Top Aces’s record of your personal training & qualification is current and accurate and that all assigned tasks fall within qualified competencies. Make clear to the Crew Chief or Maintenance Lead if this is not the case;
- Perform flight line / servicing tasks to support daily flight operations in accordance with Top Aces procedures;
- Ensure the work accomplished on any aircraft is in compliance with applicable manufacturer’s recommended standards, Canadian Aviation Regulations and company policies and procedures;
- Support Top Aces safety programs and Quality Management System;
- Attend training courses to ensure continued qualifications;
- Assist in the on-the job training and instruction of personnel as required; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor;
- May be assigned the following secondary duties as assigned by the Inspection Lead or Flight Line Lead:
- General Labour
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in Line servicing in a fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Air force experience, an asset;
- Team player, but able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to communicate in English (in YBG ability to communicate in French is also required);
- High level of professionalism, continuously shows courtesy and respect for team members.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and shift work according to flight operations
- Will be required to work outdoors
- Travel is required for the position
- International travel may also be required in this role
- Position requires Controlled Goods Clearance and Level 2 Secret Clearance
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.