Vice President of Aircraft Maintenance
Location: Mesa, AZ
Reporting to the Company President, the position is responsible for leading the overall Maintenance and Logistics function of the U.S. operations, which is responsible for the maintenance of over 30 aircraft and supporting the operational growth of the company. This role provides strategic input toward the direction of the maintenance organization in meeting functional and company objectives. The main duties are listed below, but include an overarching responsibility to ensure the company and all Maintenance staff adherence to the U.S. Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) regulatory requirements. Located at our US HQ in Mesa, AZ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting Maintenance and Logistics function policies
- Ensuring zero preventable flight safety incidents
- Promote and support Flight Safety, OHS and Quality Management Systems and in being compliant to any related regulations.
- Full compliance to FAA and other airworthiness authorities
- Ensuring fleet maintains less than 2% mission loss due to maintenance
- Comply to all duties as described in the Company Maintenance Control Policy Manual
- Ensuring continuous improvements
- Implementing corrective action plans
- Management of staff and performance based setting of objectives
- Participate in senior management reviews, providing expert opinion and technical support
- Financial and Budget forecasting for department
- Coordinating with HR the hiring of staff required
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program.
As a Manager/Supervisor, you are responsible for:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace including the necessary equipment, systems, and tools which are properly maintained
- Providing information, training, instruction and supervision to protect the Occupational Health and Safety of Employees
- Ensuring Employees under their direction know and comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring Employees under their direction receive adequate supervision.
- Establishing, supporting, and consulting with Occupational Health and Safety committees and Workplace Occupational Health and Safety representatives on all matters to improve workplace Occupational Health and Safety including regular safety inspections of the workplace.
Skills and/or Qualifications
- Knowledge of Project Management, Supervision of Aircraft Maintenance, Financial Knowledge and Budgeting Skills.
- Familiarity of Airworthiness processes with US Armed Forces and FAA, as well as, Security Management and ITAR regulations.
- General knowledge of business operations and local legislation. Financial Statements and Budgeting.
- Knowledge of US Government contractual process and associated regulations.
- Strong Managerial experience overseeing large teams.
- Strong communicator who disseminates and obtains information with discretion, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- The ability to effectively work with all levels of staff and management, with a demonstrated ability to drive consensus across different functional teams
- Strong talent management and team development skills
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills, and the ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Ability to travel
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- None Required.
Education and/or Work Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering, project management, business management or 20 years of comparable experience.
- Strongly preferred a minimum ten (10) years of leadership experience with maintenance operations.
Special Work Conditions
- Travel required
- May be required to work beyond normal hours of work in order to meet operational requirements.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to be cleared for and to gain access to applicable classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card).
Interested applicants should submit their application here
Apply for the position
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees working in this position and within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Top Aces Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment and personnel related decisions are decided solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance and business need.