Inventory Costing Manager
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Top Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Top Aces' integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
The Inventory Costing Manager oversees the execution and quality of all inventory procedures in order to maintain an accurate inventory. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess a high level of analytical and problem solving skills as it relates to inventory accuracy and the impact on the overall business.
- Monitor all aspects of inventory including; accuracy of inventory transfers, adjustments, valuation, receiving, and cycle counting
- Responsible for the coordination of the physical inventory of warehouses and bases
- Compile results, update reporting and measure accuracy on physical inventories
- Implement performance measurements to monitor, and improve warehouse/bases performance
- Ensure Company policies with respect to inventory, transfers, receiving, maintenance, valuation, quality controls and damages are adhered to
- Manage the inventory reconciliation process (ensuring the integrity of spare part costs in the aircraft maintenance program)
- Perform complex financial analysis of various types of expenses to provide understanding of costs and explanations for variances
- Participate in the month end by posting inventory adjustments (journal entries)
- Participate in the preparation of year-end audit files
- Participate in the development and improvement of new accounting practices, processes, and procedures
- Various projects, as required
- Work with key personnel to effectively implement process improvements to increase the operating efficiency of the business.à
- Communicate effectively between cross functional teams and management.
- Identify any risk trending to management
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience working in inventory control
- Accounting designation
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communications skills in English and French
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Must have a positive attitude, with focus on teamwork and rapid problem resolution
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Service, Excellence, Integrity & Together
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Travel may be required
- May be required to work beyond normal hours of work in order to meet operational requirements
- Position requires Controlled Goods Clearance and Level 2 Secret Clearance
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.